Fluoride is more toxic than lead, and just like lead, even in minute doses, accumulates in and is damaging to brain/ mind development of children, i.e. produces abnormal behavior in animals and reduces IQ in humans.
Fluoridation is cancer-causing, cancer-promoting, and is linked to increased cancer in rats, mice, and humans. Dr. William Marcus, Senior Science Advisor at the EPA office of Drinking Water, won his whistleblower lawsuit and says, “Fluoride is a carcinogen.”
Numerous studies, including four published in the Journal of the American Medical Association since 1990, have found that hip fracture rates are substantially higher in people residing in fluoridated communities.
Dental fluorosis, the first visible sign of fluoride poisoning, affects 60% of the children drinking fluoridated water and has substantially increased over the last 40 years. Dental fluorosis is more than cosmetic damage and psychological harm. It may be indicative of neurological impairment.
Ingested fluoride does not reduce tooth decay. All of the recent large-scale studies from New Zealand, Canada, Europe, and the US have confirmed no difference in decay rates for permanent teeth of residents of fluoridated vs. non- fluoridated communities.
Fluoride drops and tablets have been rejected by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In 1975 the FDA stated that, “There is no substantial evidence of drug effectiveness as prescribed, recommended, or suggested in labeling.” Fluoride tablets and drops have been shown to be ineffective in reducing tooth decay and to cause skin eruptions, gastric distress, headache, and weakness – which disappear when fluoride use is discontinued – as well as dental fluorosis, a permanent disfigurement.
Fluoride causes iodine deficiency, which can result in hypothyroidism and frequently in hyperthyroidism. Fluorides were prescribed to patients suffering from hyperthyroidism as anti-thyroid medication prior to 1950.During pregnancy, when iodine requirements are at their peak, the fetus is especially vulnerable. Even a slightly under functioning thyroid gland can result in loss of IQ in the newborn.
The following warning is required on all fluoridated toothpaste by the FDA since April of 1997. There is approximately 1 milligram of fluoride in a pea-sized drop of toothpaste. WARNING: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact the poison control center immediately.
CDC ATSDR TP91/17 (1993)
Subsets of the population are unusually susceptible to the toxic effects of fluoride.
FREQUENTLY ASKED FLOURIDE QUESTIONS
1. How much fluoride are we getting now from all sources including the fluoride pesticide residue on foods and flouridated water in beverages and processed foods? (Answer: More than recommended)
2. How much supplemental Fl is recommended for infants? (Answer: None)
3. What protection is there for subsets of the population who are unusually sensitive to the adverse effects of fluoride? (Answer: None)
4. What is the name of one peer reviewed, broad-based, blinded study of animals or humans that supports the effectiveness of ingesting 1ppm fluoride in drinking water in reducing permanent tooth decay? (Answer: There isn't one)
5. Has hydrofluosilic acid, the product used in 90% of fluoridation schemes, ever been tested for safety and complete dissociation in drinking water? (Answer: No)
6. Dental fluorosis affects about 60% of the children in fluoridated areas. Who will pay to fix this problem for your children? (Answer: You)